It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:04 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: What to Bring to the Back To School Run
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:54 pm 
Supporting Member

OK, a lot of people have been asking me what they can bring to the back to school run. Besides your tents, sleeping bags, personal items, etc. Maybe we can start a list of what people want to bring so we don't duplicated too much. I have a grill. People are certainly welcome to shower in my house (I have four bathrooms so it shouldn't be a problem) and most of the basics we will need.

Friday I will be providing hamburgers and hotdogs for the cookout, and Saturday, we will be having BBQ Chicken (not the red stuff) and corn on the cob. Right now I have 50 breast marinating in the refriderator. I will have some beer, but you can't have to much. Also, I will have bagels and some stuff for breakfast. You can choose to bring some stuff for yourself or something to share. I have coffee, but if someone else want to bring another coffee maker, it may speed the process.

Bring:

Beer (that cannot be duplicated too much) and whatever else you like to drink and maybe some to share with others. I plan on getting some stuff for shots, since Gene made me do it at ECXC. No minors drinking adult beverages; I will not allow it.

Chairs - we have over 40 people coming and I don't have that many.

A great attitude. This should be a great time!:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:49 pm 
I'm going to stop at Sam's Club and pick up an assortment of Chips.

If someone wants to pick up some dip, that would be awesome.

How about potato salad or cole slaw?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:05 pm 
Forum User

I'll be bringing a case or more of beer, and would be happy to bring an extra coffee maker for use.

Scott..how about I bring some spiedies (a Binghamton area delicacy) for the cookout Friday?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:31 pm 
Supporting Member

Spiedies are great by me. They are very localized to Binghamton, but sometimes you can find them here. You might introduce New Englanders and Western New Yorkers to a new thing.;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:46 am 
Noob

[quote][i]Originally posted by mpm[/i]
Scott..how about I bring some spiedies (a Binghamton area delicacy) for the cookout Friday? [/quote]Not sure what the hell they are but I'll try anything once.Well almost anything..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:53 am 
As long as it isn't moving, oozing, or eating something else on my plate, I'm up for it!:rofl:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:59 am 
Forum User

Spiedies, (pronounced "speedies"), are marinated cubes of meat cooked on a skewer. They are traditionally made from lamb, however, they are also made from lamb, pork, chicken, veal, venison, and beef. Best served on a piece of Italian bread. Originally from Italy, this delicacy seems to be found only in the Broome County area of New York State.

We even have an annual festival here called "The Spiedie Fest". Yes..that's right..we have a festival for marinated meat. It's an exciting area..what can I say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:36 pm 
Forum User

OK so Spiedies (AKA Shiskabob (or however it spelled) to the rest of the world.) is a Upstate specialty :rofl:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:46 pm 
Forum User

no..they are not shish kabob's...just cooked the same way.

it's all in the marinade....

and now you don't get any! :nIn:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:26 pm 
Forum User

well unless you were planning a run to NYC don't think I would have gotten any anyhow. :rofl:
Safe trip everyone and have fun. Gotta do [url=http://www.myleague.com/hah1]ladder[/url] :bs: so I stuck at home. Not to spoil the surprise for everyone but since I been cooking since 6, just gotta ask this. What is in the marinade since I am always up for a new dish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:01 pm 
Forum User

Well, I've never made my own marinade, but I recomend Lupos ([url]http://www.spiedies.com/[/url]) or Salamida's ([url]http://www.spiedie.com/[/url]).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:36 pm 
Noob

[quote][i]Originally posted by mpm[/i]
Spiedies, (pronounced "speedies"), are marinated cubes of meat cooked on a skewer. They are traditionally made from lamb, however, they are also made from lamb, pork, chicken, veal, venison, and beef. Best served on a piece of Italian bread. Originally from Italy, this delicacy seems to be found only in the Broome County area of New York State.

We even have an annual festival here called "The Spiedie Fest". Yes..that's right..we have a festival for marinated meat. It's an exciting area..what can I say. [/quote]Sounds yummy to me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:29 pm 
I've got a big bag of Lays Original, Ruffles, and a 2 bags of Doritos (Cooler Ranch, and Nacho Cheese) for the enjoyment of all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:24 pm 
As mentioned I am bringing a large thing of homemade pasta salad and normal supplies for camping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:44 pm 
Forum User

I will bring some beer, and Hamburger and Hot Dog Rolls

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next