Forum User

im just waiting for EC1/2XC to allow me to go :(

2001 SC CC Frontier
(half an xterra)

lift, tires, armor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:22 pm 
Forum User

So, what about making sure No Jeeps show up!

I kind of kept my mouth shut that last two years, but having a Jeep at camp and having one running with the Xterras "on the down low" really pisses me off.

So, NO JEEPS at all! Or any other non Xterras for that matter.

2" B/L, 4.56 Gears, Titan Front Diff, ARB Rear Air Locker
PRG Titan UCAs, Radflo 2.5" Coilovers - 600lb
PRG Shackles, Radflo's 2.0 Emulsion Rears, Alcan Full Leaf Pack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:23 pm 
Forum User

Very heated!

I dont remember the group i went with but i do remember one of the guys, i would have to see a picture of him to point him out. I had gone with a bit more modified group on a harder trail. This was the trail i got my door dented and bent tie rod adjuster (at the beginning of the trail) I remember being upset after that trail cause i had to play catch up the whole time and no one was there to help me over some of the obsticales. This is why i did not want to run the next day. Luckily Steve was nice enough to let me ride with him.

I am sorry that I didnt tell you guys when it happened but I was new to you all and i am really not one to tell on others, but I should have known better in this situation.

Pic of me and the X in action <-- click me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:31 pm 
Supporting Member

SeXterraPA wrote:
So, what about making sure No Jeeps show up!

I kind of kept my mouth shut that last two years, but having a Jeep at camp and having one running with the Xterras "on the down low" really pisses me off.

So, NO JEEPS at all! Or any other non Xterras for that matter.

If you'd told me last year, I would have made a point of apologizing to you. My buddy Mike (the guy with the jeep) was supposed to have met up with some others down there last year and was only going to camp with us since he and I have camped together for years. But, everyone else bailed on him and, since he'd worked really hard to get the time off and make sure that he got away from the office, I felt bad.

I kept him as segregated from the rest of the group as much as I could out of respect for the event, including giving up running with the xterras when I really wanted to. But, like I said, if I'd known how much it bugged you, I'd have done something about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:42 pm 
Forum User

I can understand his situation and yours as his friend. I just get so heated, because it is the 1 weekend out of 52 in each year that we keep it to "Xterras only". I am sure you understand where I am coming from. I am not mad at you, it is just one of those unavoidable shitty situations.

Anywho, GPAX fo' Life.

2" B/L, 4.56 Gears, Titan Front Diff, ARB Rear Air Locker
PRG Titan UCAs, Radflo 2.5" Coilovers - 600lb
PRG Shackles, Radflo's 2.0 Emulsion Rears, Alcan Full Leaf Pack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:29 pm 
Forum User

daggerdoggie wrote:
I'm sorry, but why does he care? People are there to have fun. Has anyone been left out? Besides, you could end up like Tiffany and get left behind. I'm all for meeting new people, that's part of the fun. I'm also not enthused for spending a day with a bunch of aholes. Get enough of that at work.

Scott, I don't think anyone is saying you can't run with whatever group you want. I agree with Tom that it is nice to wheel with other people once in a while. The first 3 or 4 years of ECXC, that's the way it was. The old MAXC group had most of the people there and we all broke up into different groups and lead the other people around. I don't even think there we any other Xterra clubs out there at the time. Just XOC.

I plan on running at least one day with whomever wants to hit some of the blue/black trails.

The bottom line to me is just hanging out with a lot of good friends I only get to see once a year, drink some beer, and have a good time. :lol: