It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:42 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:25 pm 
Forum User

Svendog wrote:
Bklyn.X wrote:
I plan to have AC crawler gears and I think Mike will also. Mike was talking about getting a rear locker and installing it when he puts in the front one he has sitting in his garage. You guys have some work ahead of you. :wink:

By next year, I do expect to have crawler gears and be fully locked.

So, I expect to step it up a notch.

I had a feeling you guys weren't going to leave your trucks as is. Oh well. We're gonna have to find a way to step it up 3 notches (which may be hard due to lack of available parts)

Maybe they'll come out with at least a rear locker by then :?

2010 Pathfinder - 2004 Titan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:42 pm 
Supporting Member

I keep telling myself that I'm either almost done or am close enough to leave the truck alone for a while. But, as I make one change / upgrade, I find yet another that I either should make or want to make.

For example, in order to get the crawler gears in, I really should upgrade the engine mounts (hopfully, using the ones that Dave will be making). Then, with lockers installed, I will need to get around to replacing both my CVs as they both have 150k on them and I'd rather replace them before they blow. Then because that will make me want to crank the t-bars, I'll need to get low profile bumpstops so that I can lift the front end as high as it can go.

Oh... and then, there's the exo that I talked to my fabricator about today.. that will have to start soon so that I can get a little more protection

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:15 pm 
Supporting Member

i plan on having skids at some point! :oops:

thats all i got.. :cry: sucks being a student still.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:20 pm 
Forum User

Svendog wrote:
I keep telling myself that I'm either almost done or am close enough to leave the truck alone for a while. But, as I make one change / upgrade, I find yet another that I either should make or want to make.

For example, in order to get the crawler gears in, I really should upgrade the engine mounts (hopfully, using the ones that Dave will be making). Then, with lockers installed, I will need to get around to replacing both my CVs as they both have 150k on them and I'd rather replace them before they blow. Then because that will make me want to crank the t-bars, I'll need to get low profile bumpstops so that I can lift the front end as high as it can go.

Oh... and then, there's the exo that I talked to my fabricator about today.. that will have to start soon so that I can get a little more protection

Sounds like my mind when I start searching for the X...

And then....

and then.....

and then......

If I only had a bottomless wallet to go along with my mind. :lol: :lol: