It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:29 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:37 am 
Supporting Member

Rattlesnake can be easy or hard - depending on the line you want to take.

Maybe that would be a good kickoff event.

I'll contact the property manager to see what dates are out and available.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:40 am 
Forum User

What about a snow run?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:44 am 
Supporting Member

Snow runs a fine.
I may not have a truck soon, but would be happy to meet up with others and spot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:58 pm 
Forum User

You can ride with me. You can play with the Knight Rider light and siren/pa. :-)

Post subject: Hey...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:10 pm 
Forum User

I'm will help if ever you guys need help.... I have no chain saw but I have two healthy arms & a whole lot of will power ....

On another note... want to know if some of you would be interested in going for a 3 day camping/wheeling run up in Canada.
North East of Maine, in New Brunswick, there are the most beautiful scenic views along the side of the coast... It would be just outside of Saint John.
I was living up there & know the trails/camping spots like the back of my hand. Beaches you can only got to if you got a off road vehicle...
Wanted to go about mid July... leave friday morning, drive up there... arrive mid day- set up camp... THen go for a evening/night run... next day - wheel all day/night... sunday morning, we can wheel in the morning / leave at noon...
I can guaranty a great time, probably not meeting anyone on the trails - not that it's not the best place ever- it's just no one knows about it!
No fees - just your gas & food....

Let me know if that's something that might interest.... Not sure how to post pics... if ever some of you want to see samples... send me your email address ... will send you some pics!
Peace,
Nick

BL, SL, Diff drop, Steering system, Shrockworks front with Warn, Megawarrior, 33'' MTs on Cragar 15X10, Gobi & Raingler nets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:17 pm 
Supporting Member

Big E 515 wrote:
You can ride with me. You can play with the Knight Rider light and siren/pa. :-)

Deal

Post subject: Re: Hey...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:32 pm 
Supporting Member

Trailz wrote:
I'm will help if ever you guys need help.... I have no chain saw but I have two healthy arms & a whole lot of will power ....

On another note... want to know if some of you would be interested in going for a 3 day camping/wheeling run up in Canada.
North East of Maine, in New Brunswick, there are the most beautiful scenic views along the side of the coast... It would be just outside of Saint John.
I was living up there & know the trails/camping spots like the back of my hand. Beaches you can only got to if you got a off road vehicle...
Wanted to go about mid July... leave friday morning, drive up there... arrive mid day- set up camp... THen go for a evening/night run... next day - wheel all day/night... sunday morning, we can wheel in the morning / leave at noon...
I can guaranty a great time, probably not meeting anyone on the trails - not that it's not the best place ever- it's just no one knows about it!
No fees - just your gas & food....

Let me know if that's something that might interest.... Not sure how to post pics... if ever some of you want to see samples... send me your email address ... will send you some pics!
Peace,
Nick

Normally, I'd be up for this, but between ECXC and my annual family camping trip at the end of the month, July's booked up on my end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:16 pm 
Forum User

Just a thought. I know alot if not most people live in the south but there is so much wheeling in NH. Spalind took us to a great spot once and I am involved with exploring NH and they are always doing some type of run. They are a good bunch of people and have a great network and knowlede of trails.

I would like to see the club do more runs this year. I am also in agreement that easy to mod would be the best and give us the most amount of trail options instead of only doing 1 or 2 hard runs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:32 pm 
Forum User

Svendog wrote:
Rattlesnake can be easy or hard - depending on the line you want to take.

Maybe that would be a good kickoff event.

I'll contact the property manager to see what dates are out and available.

i would def be interested in rattlesnake gutter again. i think it i is one of my favorites around here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:36 pm 
Supporting Member

Clay..
I would invite you to bring these items in to the Events Coordinator (me for now, until the position is officially filled) and let's get them on the calendar.

This is a great idea. Thank you for presenting it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:14 pm 
Forum User

BTw-I just noticed the new Prez. Congrats and thanks for taking over!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:41 pm 
Forum User

I like the idea of having easier runs this year. We do have some new members in the club and it would be a great way to introduce them to the Club. It's nice to roll the trails and get to know some people with out having a pucker factor.

It would also be great to have a few Meet & Greets, a Diner and a few Mod Days and maybe even a couple get to know your Rig and Gear days and Show and Shines ( I liked those even though I wasn't able to make one. Cool Idea ).

I have no problem hosting Mod Days at my Shop in RI on the weekends. It just depends on my crazy work schedule ( one minute I have a weekend off and the Next I am on a plane ).

I am also up for Trail Clean Ups and Cutting. I don't have a chain saw but also have a couple good working hands and arms.
I see that Rausch has 2 Trail Cuttings set for Feb 13 and Mar 6 on the new property.

I may have a couple dates open for the NEA meetings and I'll try and make some of their other events as well. I don't want us to be looked at as the club that pays dues and just uses them for wheeling spots. I think more involvement in NEA this year is in order as well.

I am booked as far as big trips go this year. I am heading to GONE MOAB again this year in May and ECXC in July. So I'll be looking for more Local runs with an occasional Rausch.

Let's see what we can come up with for 2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:12 pm 
Supporting Member

Big E 515 wrote:
BTw-I just noticed the new Prez. Congrats and thanks for taking over!

Thanks...
And, going forward, please send all suggestions like these to XterraVT as he's the Event's Coordinator now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:28 pm 
Forum User

standog wrote:
Just a thought. I know alot if not most people live in the south but there is so much wheeling in NH. Spalind took us to a great spot once and I am involved with exploring NH and they are always doing some type of run. They are a good bunch of people and have a great network and knowlede of trails.

I would like to see the club do more runs this year. I am also in agreement that easy to mod would be the best and give us the most amount of trail options instead of only doing 1 or 2 hard runs

Yeah, that was out in the Keene area...I still have the maps to it somewhere...the guys over on the EC4WD board have all the info on it as well...lots and lots to explore in that area...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:39 pm 
Forum User

Definitely. There's a lot in Southern NH from gnarly trails to class VI roads, which are great if we were to do a novice run or something;

Maybe do a joint run with ExploringNH? I know a lot of us are members over there as well.

An 'introduction to offroading' or 'recovery 101' might help to bring in some new members?

Also maybe try to organize a couple 'show-n-shines'

***EDIT*** I'm always up for cleaning trails, too.

2010 Pathfinder - 2004 Titan