It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:14 pm

Post subject: WTB: Beater commuter!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:54 am 
Forum User

Hey gang, still alive!

My and my codriver's work situation is starting to demand that we need a second vehicle. The X is holding up fine and I could probably use the occasional walk to the bus anyway, but we're looking into the possibility. Plus it'll keep the miles off the X as it gets closer to six digits on the odo.

What we need:
-Auto transmission (though a manual will likely be cheaper, we both need to be able to drive it)
-Ground clearance above 5", AWD or 4x4 a plus, no preference on drive bias. Shorter vehicles better.
-Reliable heat (she has Raynaud's, gotta stay toasty), and of course should be generally reliable (no Exploders)
-Better mileage than a first gen X (otherwise we'd just buy one of those in a heartbeat)
-Under $2000 and located within the state of MA

All the signs point to an older RAV4, Forester, or similar. We would absolutely settle for a first gen X or possibly a Frontier if we run out of time, but if there's any money to be saved on gas and reliability then we'll look that way first. Also, if I get my say, I might Battle Wagon the thing, so that will be cool.

So first, I'm asking if any of you can think of another vehicle that could meet our needs, and second, if any of you might know of such a vehicle for sale or that could be for sale by the spring (or a reputable dealer of cheap beaters).

Thanks crew!

›»»»›‹«««‹