It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Shrockworks Frontier Trasfer Case Skid SOLD
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:21 pm 
Noob

I Have a NEW uninstalled painted black 05-15 Frontier KingCab/Crew Cab Shrockworks Transfer Case Skid Plate for sale. I'm looking to get $100 for it. Came with my set of skids, but they won't my Xterra.

Last edited by CapeXterra on Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: F.S. Shrockworks Frontier Trasfer Case Skid
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:17 am 
Club Secretary

I moved the t-case skid from my Frontier to my X. I cut 8" off in the same pattern that the tail has, folded the 90's in the same manner,and had my buddy weld the corners. It works great. Just saying.

Took this much off.

My X. http://www.nexterra.org/forums/viewtopi ... =71&t=9534

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:32 am 
Noob

Hmm... I may have to take a closer look and see if I can do this. What did you do about the exhaust pipe notches. Did u put them back or not? Thanks for the help.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:36 pm 
Club Secretary

Measuring from the front of the skid, the X and Frontier tail pipe crosses over at the same place. There is no need to move the notch.

If I remember correctly, there are 3 forward holes and a single rear hole in the skid. The forward 3 match up on both Nissans. There is a drain plug that is in the same location between the two models also.

On the X, I measured the distance from the back of the trans skid to the hole in the crossmember that the rear of the t-case skid mounts to. (The same one the gas skid bolts to, just a little different location.) and compared it to the Frontier skid. Looked like roughly 8" shorter for the X.

I measured from each of the left and right forward mounting holes on the frame to the rear mounting point on the X. (To triangulate where the rear hole should go.) Its pretty important to get this exact. There is no wiggle room in 3/16 steel. This is the reference to locate the exact position to place the template, with the 90 degree cutout to accept the gas skid as another point of reference.

I made a cardboard template in the shape of the Frontier skid's tail (including the bolt hole position) and re-drew it in the position designated by the new bolt hole location and the gas skid cutout. Make sure you account for 1 additional inch at each edge that requires a 90* bend. They're important because they give the skid strength.

If you look at Shrock's website you will notice that the body of the X's and frontier's skid are the same shape. The Frontier's just has a longer taper to it. There's no need to mimic the X's taper. It just makes for extra grinding. I carried the square cutout for the gas skid out to the existing edge. The pic I posted shows what I mean here.

I cut the skid with a 4 1/2" grinder. My buddy bent the 90's on his hydraulic break, then welded in some additional metal scraps to connect the bends.

I wish I took more pictures. This would be so much easier to explain.

If you have any questions, please PM me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:16 pm 
Noob

I definitely think I'll try this just not sure how to bend the extra pieces yet. Thanks so much for the info. I'll try to remember to take pictures for future reference. I have some time to do this as I'm not installing these till I get my timing chain and fluids changed soon. Don't want to have to pay to have them removed and reinstalled.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:12 am 
Club Secretary

I hear you with the fluid change. I put all the skids on already. I think the skids have provisions for draining the engine, trans, and t-case. I'll have to drop the engine skid to get the front diff.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:16 pm 
Forum User

I know it's a long shot but is this skid still available? Send me a PM

2010 Pathfinder - 2004 Titan

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]