It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 pm

Post subject: NH Mod Day???
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:16 pm 
Forum User

Hey folks!

I just got settled into my new pad in Durham down the street from UNH and 10 minutes from Portsmouth.

I've gotten a lot of great advice over the last 2+ years of being on this forum and STILL have yet to make it out for a run and meet people here due to scheduling/location issues and other life stuff (baby, house hunting, work, etc), and I figured what better way to break that than by hosting a mod day.

Here's my set up: 2+ car detached oversized garage and a 2 car attached garage. The attached garage isn't "full size" since the previous owners chopped it short to make it more of a mud room/toy chest and I'm digging it, but you can still fit about half or more of an X in, so you're not working in the elements for the most part if need be.

I have a decent amount of tools, but no air tools and no jack stands.

I've stumbled across some spots a few minutes from my house that look like they're good for wheeling, but I need to get more info to make sure they're legal since they run along some powerlines and a few other open spaces that aren't gated that head off into the woods.

I need to do a couple of things to my truck, like getting my check engine light taken care of since I'm getting some codes that are keeping me from switching my registration over to NH from MA: Getting 0328, 0455, and 1440. I'm hoping that the first two are due to the larger EVAP issue, which fingers crossed is just a worn out gas cap. The other projects I have are to FINALLY hook up my roof lights and if possible fix my leaking steering box.

I'm thinking mid-July might be the way to go so people can order up stuff they need and to get through the craziness of the next few weeks leading up to the Fourth of July.

Let me know if anyone's interested.

Erik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:54 am 
Forum User

I'd be interested in stopping by to lend a hand. ECXC is also in mid July so if it's that weekend I can't do it.

2010 Pathfinder - 2004 Titan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:07 am 
Forum User

Ahh...didn't even realize ECXC was around that time.

Based on that the weekend of July 10/11 might be the way to go for anyone who wants to work on their trucks before heading off to ECXC, or July 24/25 to fix stuff that was broken during ECXC.

I just need to make sure my wife isn't working one of those days. If she is I'll need to rejigger things since she's a firefighter and works 24 hour shifts and I have to watch our 18 month old if that's the case.