It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:01 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:39 pm 
Forum User

daggerdoggie wrote:
Romeo, we can schedule another one later. Quite honestly, the to do list was quite long anyway. We have plenty to do already and perhaps we can schedule a later weekend to do yours and that crazy guy's no one has ever met. :mrgreen:

Thank you, I thought you forgot about me. I hate asking for help on here because I never get to come out and play. Sorry, I will try to be a better Nexterraite. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:53 pm 
Supporting Member

BigE515 wrote:
daggerdoggie wrote:
Romeo, we can schedule another one later. Quite honestly, the to do list was quite long anyway. We have plenty to do already and perhaps we can schedule a later weekend to do yours and that crazy guy's no one has ever met. :mrgreen:

Thank you, I thought you forgot about me. I hate asking for help on here because I never get to come out and play. Sorry, I will try to be a better Nexterraite. :-)

Its ok you make it up with the Laughs! haha Eric i think i speak for everyone here when i say you should never be afraid to ask for help! Its what were here for! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:52 am 
Supporting Member

We're also here for the beer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:25 am 
Supporting Member

November 8th Mod Day

I just learned that the Weekend of the 1st is parent's weekend at Hamitlon college, so that is out for me...I won't be home.

How about the following weekend: November 8th? I haven't checked with Jonelle yet, but I want to get this posted up ASAP.

Last edited by daggerdoggie on Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:41 pm 
Forum User

The 8th is better for me as of now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:30 pm 
Supporting Member

That could work for me too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:57 pm 
Forum User

Thats better for me also i believe... :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:33 pm 
Club President

daggerdoggie wrote:
November 8th Mod Day

I just learned that the Weekend of the 1st is parent's weekend at Hamitlon college, so that is out for me...I won't be home.

How about the following weekend: November 8th? I haven't checked with Jonelle yet, but I want to get this posted up ASAP.

You should start a new thread for this. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:42 pm 
Forum User

Well I know I can adjust my schedule some but if this date is good for everyone let's set the date to plan out the mods being done. I'm hoping to talk to Rob at Draken while up in the area, about finally getting the PC mount plate fabricated. :lol:

As far as what I'm hoping to get done is a 2" BL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:40 am 
Forum User

I am more interested in doing another actual lift or add a leaf-pack other then simulating a lift with a body lift. the following link is what i was thinking... is this a good choice im unsure... I already have the SLR econoline suspension lift which was upper control arms, torsion bars, bigger shackles, new shocks all around... will this add a leaf help in any way or should i just go thru bandit and get a full pack?

My ass does sag a bit now with the rear bumper as well as sometimes bottoming out ? so with this pack will it actually give me more lift as well as helping out in those issues (even though that is what it says).

I assume I will need to crank the torsion bars as well after installing the leaf pack

comments welcome :D

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=435_436_398_520&products_id=2861

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:42 pm 
Forum User

Donald - you already have the parts for the BL?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:04 pm 
Supporting Member

RomeoEJ wrote:
I am more interested in doing another actual lift or add a leaf-pack other then simulating a lift with a body lift. the following link is what i was thinking... is this a good choice im unsure... I already have the SLR econoline suspension lift which was upper control arms, torsion bars, bigger shackles, new shocks all around... will this add a leaf help in any way or should i just go thru bandit and get a full pack?

My ass does sag a bit now with the rear bumper as well as sometimes bottoming out ? so with this pack will it actually give me more lift as well as helping out in those issues (even though that is what it says).

I assume I will need to crank the torsion bars as well after installing the leaf pack

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=435_436_398_520&products_id=2861

IMHO you are better off spending the money for a full leaf pack from Dave. The add a leafs have a greater tendency to sag due to an already weak spring pack. Most of us who have installed rebuilt spring packs have previously installed add-a-leafs and they have sagged. Dave's rebuilt spring pack will last until you break it, if you ever do. None of us have yet.

You will have a lot of rake to your truck. The crank of the t-bars is limited. You may be able to gain more. Mine are 1/2" off the low-profile bump stops. I also modified my UCA"s, but that was a lot of work.

The real limiting factor in the front is that the aftermarket UCA's are only half a solution. To really make it right the lower control arms need to be longer as well. It works fine and I'm not spending the money on the Total Chaos system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:09 pm 
Forum User

daggerdoggie wrote:
RomeoEJ wrote:

IMHO you are better off spending the money for a full leaf pack from Dave. The add a leafs have a greater tendency to sag due to an already weak spring pack. Most of us who have installed rebuilt spring packs have previously installed add-a-leafs and they have sagged. Dave's rebuilt spring pack will last until you break it, if you ever do. None of us have yet.

You will have a lot of rake to your truck. The crank of the t-bars is limited. You may be able to gain more. Mine are 1/2" off the low-profile bump stops. I also modified my UCA"s, but that was a lot of work.

The real limiting factor in the front is that the aftermarket UCA's are only half a solution. To really make it right the lower control arms need to be longer as well. It works fine and I'm not spending the money on the Total Chaos system.

Ok that was my assumption and the way I wanted to go originally... with that said im going to put the money towards that.

Also im not going to do the body lift then but I will come to help out on the mod day if someone is willing to let me ride down with them and we can split gas?... no use in bringing my truck if we are not working on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:10 pm 
Forum User

daggerdoggie wrote:

x2

Dave's springs are my 3rd pack... if he was building them before I wasted all the money with SLR, I would have saved well over $500 in farting around with different setups/shipping/3 different size shackles/etc... Save the steps and aggravation that I went through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:24 pm 
Supporting Member

I'm on the same boat about Dave's spring pack.. I did the AAL path and, like Dagger said, didn't use them for too long.

I've had Dave's pack for a few months and beat the hell out of them at ECXC and on some other trails and they are still holding up really, really well

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next